Knitting simple projects and finishing one in time for Christmas gift-giving is giving me incredible stress. Mostly because I delay for one reason or another.
- It’s too hot to knit in Florida in [ December ] or any other calendar month, for that matter.
- It’s too hot to knit because I’m experiencing another hot flash.
- My iced tea glass will drip condensation on the yarn (because it’s too hot in Florida).
- Yardage was not calculated before beginning project. Ran out of a discontinued color. Oops! I was in a hurry to leave the yarn shop because it was hot that day!
- It’s been so long since I’ve knitted, I have to relearn my knitting technique.
A male friend recently commented “it would be cheaper to buy it already made” whereas I replied, “but handmade shows you care and were thinking of the recipient.” I win.